A Festive Baklava recipe that will leave your loved ones in awe. This Greek favourite is simple to make yet it’s sweet, delicious and festive. Also makes for a great gift idea. Package in clear wrap and add a bow to the top.
What you will need to make Festive Baklava
Bringing it all together to make Festive Baklava:
- Butter a 9 x 13 inch baking tin
- Preheat oven to 175 degrees
- Chop the walnuts and combine with cinnamon. Set aside.
- Unrol the fillo pastry and then cut in half to fit in the pan (multiple layers).
- Place two layers of pastry in the tin and butter.
- Repeat until you have 8 layers.
- On the 8th layer, sprinkle nuts.
- Top with a further 2 layers of pastry and butter.
- Add more nuts and then 2 layers of pastry and butter.
- Once layered, use a sharp knife to cute layers into diamond shaped pieces.
- Place in the oven and bake for 50 mins
- Whilst baking, make the sauce.
- Boil sugar and water until melted. Add in some vanilla extract and honey. Let simmer for 20 mins.
- Remove the baklava from the oven and spoon over sauce. Let it cool before serving. And there you have it, festive baklava that you can share with your loved ones and family.
Sign up for more recipes and foodie news:
The Food Lovers Marketplace is an e-commerce marketplace which connects home cooks, bakers, artisan food producers, small batch producers and more with customers in their local area. By shopping on The Food Lovers Marketplace you are helping by supporting the smallest of small businesses in Australia.