Honey roasted vegetables – a great way to take in your daily serve of veggies, with a delicious twist. Vegetables don’t have to be boring, they should be mouthwatering enough to eat alone without any protein. These honey roasted vegetables work well without the protein main and makes for a great meal prep option.
What kind of vegetables do I need for the honey roasted vegetables?
ANY VEGETABLES! Yeah, you read that correctly, you can use any vegetables you have around the pantry for this recipe. Also works really well with a single vegetable (carrots). It’s all about re-purposing what you have and creating less fuss.
What you'll need to make honey roasted vegetables:
- 8–10 cups of veggies of your choice. You can choose from carrots, sweet potato, beetroots, broccoli, mushrooms, capsicum and more). Wash and cut into even sizes.
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil. We’re loving the Maggie Beer Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1/4 teaspoons sea salt from Exotic Bazaar
- Fresh Ground Pepper, to taste
- 2 tablespoons honey garlic balsamic vinegar from Tweed Real Food
- 2 tablespoons honey from Hive & Harvest
Making the honey roasted vegetables
- Preheat the oven to 200 degrees Celsius and line a baking tray with baking paper.
- Transfer the prepared veggies to the baking tray. Drizzle with oil and season with salt and pepper.
- Roast in the oven for about 20 minutes before giving the pan a shake to toss and turn the veggies. Continue to roasted for another 10-15 minutes.
- When the veggies are just golden brown and fork-tender remove from the oven. Drizzle with the honey garlic balsamic vinegar and honey evenly over the veggies. Return to the oven for 5-10 minutes more or until the balsamic vinegar has sweetened and the honey has just started caramelized.