The mango bliss balls are a great healthy option for on-the-go. Packed with lots of fiber, protein and natural sugars for an energy boost. The easy to make recipe will set you back a total of 30 minutes and uses ingredients that you may already have in the pantry. Add the mango bliss balls to your littles ones lunch box or serve in a smoothie bowl.
Allergen statement: The mango bliss balls are a gluten-free and vegan friendly snack. They are not suitable for anyone with a nut allergy.
Making the mango bliss balls
- Preheat oven to 176 C, arrange nuts on a baking sheet. Toast for 8-12 minutes or until light golden brown and fragrant. Set aside.
- Add the Totaly Fruity dried mango to a mixing bowl and fill with warm water. This will allow to soften the mango. Soak for 5-7 minutes or until soft. Drain the mango and lay on a paper towel, pat off excess moisture. Set aside.
- Add nuts to a food processor until fine. Set aside.
- Add pitted dates and soaked, dried mango to the food processor and mix until a rough paste/sticky dough forms.
- Add nut meal back in, along with hemp seeds, shredded coconut and sea salt. Mix until it forms a moldable dough. Add more coconut or hemp seed if it feels too sticky or wet. Add more dates if it’s too dry.
- Scoop into balls and roll in the palms of your hand.
- Roll the balls in more shredded coconut.
- This recipe stays well in the fridge for 3-4 days.